Monday, October 19, 2009

Carpe Diem

With another day on the grind behind me, I have a few minutes to gather my thoughts before I try to get a solid eight hours of sleep... Or at least a chance to roll around in bed until the sunlight comes up. I hit the ground running as hard as it may have been to do so, due much in part to #MusicMonday on Twitter.

Yesterday was a full day. I had a great time preparing and enjoying a great Sunday dinner with a family friend, but there was one rotten apple in the otherwise great bunch of apples that I would call the different facets of my day. I finally got a response to an inquiry I had made, but it wasn't the one I was looking for... Or really needed, to be honest. It's cool though; it only made me work harder today.

The Man Upstairs must have seen me grinding with all this extra paperwork earlier, because I got an unexpected package in the mail way in advance. That was definitely a good look. Other than that, I had a chance to chill this evening and think my plans for the next couple months through. The most satisfying thing was probably the good advice I got from my Dad, but there was a track that I took apart and put back together that I cannot wait to finish tomorrow.

All in all, I'm alive to see another day, and if I don't see the next one tomorrow, I can say I had a great one. Live every day like it's your last, and carpe diem. (That's Latin for "Seize the day!")

No comments:

Post a Comment