Saturday, November 6, 2010

Handle My Business

I can hardly believe it's been two months since I last posted something. The Lord only knows how many things have changed in my life since my last post. I've finally gotten used to life out here in Philadelphia, I've made a let of friends and many more different people, and I'm steadily getting an idea of what I want to do with the rest of my life.

The one thing that has probably kept me from writing--if not blogging--interestingly enough, is the work I'm currently doing. Working in a school setting with kids all day can be both mentally and physically draining. Don't get me wrong; I love my kids. But there are more than plenty of times that I almost question working with them.

And the crazy part is, dealing with the kids and all of their idiosyncrasies is probably the easiest part of it all. Dealing with a school system that is on the brink of destruction and certain individuals who have low expectations as far as lowering the high school dropout rate can almost kill the morale of all the people trying to rectify things at times.

It's whatever, though. I came too far from when I graduated from Richmond Academy back in May 2006 to turn back now. I have no blood family left in Augusta (I still see you Tina!) and you better believe I am not going back to either of my parent's homes in their respective locations. So with all that being said, it's time to handle business.

No comments:

Post a Comment